As a homage to the vintage Conn 88H, the classic sound and feel of early Elkhart models were combined with modern-day features to create a stunning example of balance and beauty. The 88HNV rejuvenates the iconic vintage-era trombone starting with the traditional rose brass bell, which is modeled after the bell weight from Emory Remington’s original 88H.
The unique valve wrap provides the balance and feel of traditional vintage models but utilizes a modern approach to the open wrap design. This helps to create an evenness throughout the entire range. Other features include an updated valve lever and rosewood thumb paddle, creating a more ergonomic feel.
The stunning new engraving weaves through four eras of Conn history. The chrome-plated nickel-silver handslide tubes in combination with the standard rose brass outer material provides a warm resonant sound and smooth action. The 88HNV is coupled with a modern style lightweight case featuring a slim profile, elegant design, and stowaway backpack straps.
• Bore: .547“ (13.89 mm)
• Gold brass bell with new engraving Ø 8 1/2‘‘ = 216 mm
• Vintage style lightweight bell
• New „Open Wrap“ F-Attachement with a bore of .562“ (14.27 mm)
• Standard 88H hand slide with hard chrome inner slide and gold brass outer slide
• Rosewood valve trigger
• Minibal ball joints
• New light case with stowable backpack straps
• Original C.G. Conn 5G mouthpiece
• Made in USA, Elkhart Indiana
Symphony Bb/F trombone C.G.CONN